The SuperHeroes List
  Last Week's Comics                                                  Arriving This Week                                                  Coming Next Week

Captain America...LIVES!

This showed up at Marvel.com yesterday and it's really generating some interest. Captain America: The First Avenger is coming out July 22, 2011.

It's not just me, is it? I think this is the movie that might bring back some of the American Spirit! From my perspective, the origin looks great and promising; they've done a great job with the SFX. I can't wait to see Cap throw his shield and fight the Nazis.

Also, there's something really sincere and magnificent about heroes when they are set in the World War II era. I thinks it's because we had a real enemy we could call "evil", the sciences were still in a new-born state, and the country was breaking out of the depression.

Call me old fashioned; I really got a kick out of this trailer. I'm excited. I feel like Cap is going to pull at our sense of decency and justice; like there's still one innocent guy out there believing in good. And fighting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment